Position: Remotely Piloted Aircraft SME / Planner
Overview of the Role
Title: Remotely Piloted Aircraft SME / Planner (AR1748)
Category: Aviation Technology – Drone Operations
Location: The Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
Travel: Up to 25%
Status: Temp-to-Perm, Full-Time, with benefits (health, PTO retirement, etc.)
Number of Positions: Multiple
Compensation: To $150,000 commensurate with experience
Job ID: AR1748
Our Client, the Company, is a multi-million-dollar Federal contractor headquartered in Alexandria, VA and provides innovative business solutions to Federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, information technology, program support, maintenance services, logistics/base support and procurement. The Company’s core business values are Safety, Quality, Business Ethics and Shareholder Development and Value.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
The Company is looking for Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) SMEs/Planners for work on the Headquarters Air Force A3 (Air, Space and Information Operations) Staff.
The location of these positions is at the Pentagon in Northern Virginia.
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATES.
Compensation, Benefits, and Rewards
The Total Rewards health and wealth package for the Regional Sales Manager includes,
- Temp-to-Perm, Full-Time, with benefits (health, PTO, retirement, etc.)
More information will be provided to qualified candidates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The information contained in this role description is not intended to be prescriptive – nor exhaustive, but rather describe duties and responsibilities typical for someone in the position.
- Assistance in functional and operational management and planning of Air Force RPA programs as required.
- The scope of support duties will be related to gathering information for the purpose of advising, offering opinions, providing recommendations and/or presenting ideas.
- Understanding LAN/WAN security requirements through proper software/hardware tools and procedures including router and firewall management.
Essential Competencies, Capabilities, Skills & Experience
- SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Top Secret SCI level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
- Engineering or Science Degree(s) (Undergraduate, MA or PhD) from an accredited US and/or a foreign university or service academy
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in any combination of,
RPA Strategy Plans and Programs
RPA Operational Issues Management
RPA Communications Architecture
RPA Standards and Interoperability
- Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow the Company’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
- Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.